HYPR 8.3.0 is an Enterprise Channel Release.
The Enterprise Release Channel caters to customers requiring a less frequent cadence of upgrades, specifically on a quarterly basis, thereby allowing them more time to adapt and implement changes without disrupting their business operations.
The Standard Release Channel is designed for customers who are equipped to accommodate monthly updates, providing regular and more frequent access to new features and improvements. All Standard Release features are available in the next scheduled Enterprise Release.
|July 12, 2023||HYPR Workforce Access Client for Windows 8.3.0||Windows (10, 11)||Reboot required if upgrading from 7.6 or below; Security Key Support for Yubikey 5 Plus and Feitian ePass K9 Plus, K40 Plus and their offshoots|
|July 12, 2023||HYPR Workforce Access Client for Mac 8.3.0||macOS (High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura)||Security Key Support for Yubikey 5 Plus and Feitian ePass K9 Plus, K40 Plus and their respective offshoots|
|July 12, 2023||HYPR Mobile App for Android 8.3.0||Android 8.0+|
|July 12, 2023||HYPR Mobile App for iOS 8.3.0||iOS 12.4+|
|July 12, 2023||HYPR Server 8.3.0||Server||Upgrade to 7.10 required before upgrading to 8.0.0 or higher|
|July 12, 2023||HYPR Android SDK 8.3.0||Android 8.0+|
|July 12, 2023||HYPR iOS SDK 8.3.0||iOS 12.4+|
All HYPR components are fully compatible across the three previous/subsequent minor (X.X) HYPR releases.
(All HYPR - Beta Feature) Single Registration
HYPR can be configured to only require pairing in one component of the HYPR system, instead of pairing separately with the HYPR Mobile App or the Workforce Access Client. When paired in one, users will be automatically prompted to complete the pairing on the other, and thereafter that pair will appear universally in all HYPR authentication rosters for that RP Application user. See how this works for Web-to-Workstation or Workstation-to-Web.
(Control Center) Allow Fallback Authentication
Policy Management now includes a toggle to allow or disallow fallback authenticators when the authentication policy includes two or more authenticators and affected users are paired respectively in HYPR. See Policy Management for the full description.
(Workforce Access Client for Windows) Workforce Access Clients for RDP Remote Sessions
...provided Network Level Awareness (NLA) is disabled. For a full description, including security considerations, see Accessing a Remote Desktop: Workforce Access for RDP Remote Sessions.
(Control Center - Integrations ) SIEM Event Hooks
View HYPR Events in your SIEM dashboard by using HYPR's preconfigured Event Hooks for Splunk and Datadog, or create Custom Event Hooks using your own
- (Workforce Access Client for Mac) Mac users can now be denied the use of passwords at the login screen, provided they have an existing paired account on the workstation; see Installing Manually for more details
- (Control Center - Integrations) Multiple deployments of the same IdP integration can now be created, and the same IdP user accounts can be enrolled with each of them
- (HYPR Mobile App) Certificate Renewal for HYPR Mobile App has been added
See Event Descriptions for a list of all HYPR Events and parameters.
To see all HYPR errors by component, see HYPR Error Codes Troubleshooting Table.
You can find detailed descriptors of these and other API calls in HYPR's full Postman API set here.
- (Control Center) Firebase push notifications can now also be configured using a JSON file
- (Control Center) QR login is now the default login method for the ControlCenterAdmin RP application
- (HYPR Mobile App) We now have a comprehensive Compatibility Matrix listing compatible models of Android and iOS for use with the HYPR Mobile App
- (Workforce Access Client for Windows) HYPR now accepts any type of Windows credential for Require User Presence validation
- (HYPR Device Manager) The documentation covering HYPR Device Manager no longer resides in its own category; as it is an endpoint in Control Center, it is now housed under Control Center Standard
Support for Windows 32-bit will no longer be available in 8.4+
HYPR is discontinuing support for 32-bit Windows, including HYPR Workforce Access Client for Windows.
(Control Center) Device Manager UI Changes
HYPR Device Manager brings you a new look to match our branding changes (see below). Paired devices appearing here will also be reflected in the HYPR Mobile App and Workforce Access Client flows where applicable.
HYPR Branding Changes
You may have noticed HYPR content shifting to include a fingerprint theme; likewise, we are changing some of our product names to standardize their labeling. Some are still the old familiar titles you know and love.
We've included the full list of products and features that will be included under the grouping, HYPR Authenticate. HYPR Authenticate includes the suite of components that make up the HYPR system: Control Center (including Integrations and Plugins), Workforce Access Client, the HYPR Mobile Apps, and the SDKs.
|HYPR Authenticate Name||Legacy HYPR Server Name|
|HYPR Cloud||HYPR Cloud|
|HYPR On Prem||HYPR On Prem|
|RADIUS||HYPR RADIUS Server|
|HYPR Authenticate Name||Legacy HYPR Mobile App Name|
|HYPR for iOS||HYPR Mobile App for Android|
|HYPR for Android||HYPR Mobile App for iOS|
|HYPR Enterprise Passkey||HYPR FIDO2 Mobile Authenticator|
|HYPR Authenticate Name||Legacy HYPR Workforce Access Client Name|
|HYPR Passwordless for Windows||HYPR Workforce Access Client for Windows|
|HYPR Passwordless for Mac||HYPR Workforce Access Client for Mac|
|HYPR Authenticate Name||Legacy HYPR SDK and API Names|
|HYPR SDK for iOS||HYPR SDK for iOS|
|HYPR SDK for Android||HYPR SDK for Android|
|HYPR SDK for Golang||HYPR SDK for Golang|
|HYPR SDK for Java||HYPR SDK for Java|
|HYPR SDK for Python||HYPR SDK for Python|
|HYPR Server APIs||Server API|
|HYPR Authenticate Name||Legacy HYPR Integration Name|
|HYPR for Okta||Okta|
|HYPR for Workspace||Google Workspace|
|HYPR for OneLogin||OneLogin|
|HYPR for Azure||Azure|
|HYPR for Ping DaVinci||Ping DaVinci|
|HYPR Authenticate Name||Legacy HYPR Feature Name|
|HYPR Authenticate Name||Legacy HYPR Plugin Name|
|HYPR for AD FS||AD FS|
|HYPR for Ping Federate||Ping Federate|
|HYPR for SiteMinder||SiteMinder|
|HYPR for ForgeRock||ForgeRock|
- (HYPR Mobile App for Android) SEND_DEVICE_SIGNAL_DURING_AUTHENTICATION feature flag has been relocated so as not cause crashes upon tapping "Login" during Device Manager authentication
- (HYPR Mobile App for iOS) Fixed a crash condition upon registration chooser timeout
- (Platform - Integrations - Azure AD) Username entry now trims extra trailing spaces
- (Platform) Keycloak Okta login no longer displays, "Insert your security key," when users select smartphone
- (Workforce Access Client for Windows) Contact Support functions reports the latest error code and/or message in the sent email; previously it did not capture the most recent entry
- (Workforce Access Client) UX for HYPR Pairing (Azure Domain Joined) now updates the UI to reflect completed pairing
- (Control Center) Amazon Web Services (AWS) Web Application Firewall (WAF) rule rejects images containing Extensible Metadata Platform (XMP) tags; see the Workaround in our Support documentation
- (Control Center - Advanced Mode) Push notification authentication fails due to an invalid Firebase key
- (HYPR Mobile App for iOS) Using QR authentication, if a user doesn’t login during the API token validity period (30 days), scenarios can result where the API token won’t refresh, generating error code 101074; the user must re-register with HYPR
- (Workforce Access Client - All) QR Fallback APP NAME value, if long enough, cuts off at the edge of the dialog box instead of wrapping
Updated about 2 months ago