Configuring Push Notifications via FireBase
Creating RP Applications
Follow these integration steps to facilitate out-of-band (OOB) Authentication with Firebase push notifications. This only applies to Web (not Workstation) Applications in Control Center.
Create a Firebase Project
- Sign up for Firebase if you haven't already.
- Go to the Firebase console and login.
- Create a project and open it; or open an existing project. If you are making a new project, give it a name and choose whether or not to link it to Google Analytics.
- Open Project settings.
- Click the Cloud Messaging tab to view the Server Key and Sender ID. Keep this page open so you can copy these values later.
Configure Control Center (CC) for Push Notifications
- Login to Control Center.
- Select the Application in question from the drop-down in the upper left.
- In the left navigation pane, under Advanced Config, click Login Settings.
- If it is not already on, Enable Push Notifications.
- Click Addto begin configuring your Application's push notifications. The following dialog appears:
- Complete the form using the information on the Firebase Cloud Messaging page:
- The Project ID is the Firebase Sender ID
- The API Key is the Firebase Server Key
- Toggle Set as Default? to On
- Click Save
- Close the success message to return to the Application Login Settings dialog
Updated about 1 month ago