450To configure an iOS app for out-of-band (OOB) authentication, a certificate must be generated by the developers so that the push notifications can flow through Apple's servers.
- Login to https://developer.apple.com/.
- Open Certificates -> Development, and create a new certificate by following the plus (+) sign:
- Under Production select the Apple Push Notification radio button and click Continue.
- Select the App ID of the App for which you are creating the certificate.
- Follow instructions to Create a CSR file using the Keychain Access application.
- Upload the generated CSR.
- Download the
- Open the Keychain Access application and drag the
aps.cerinto the My Certificates tab.
- Right-click the newly imported certificate and click Export "Apple Push Services: ".
- You'll be prompted to create a password for the exported certificate. Remember this password as you will need it later.
- With the password entered, the certificate will be exported as a
.p12file. It can now be imported into a Firebase project to be used for iOS push notifications.
Updated 2 months ago