HYPR SDK for Android
HYPR implements the Fast Identity Online (FIDO) protocol to provide a True Passwordless experience.
FIDO universal authentication framework (UAF) supports a passwordless experience. The user carries a device with a FIDO UAF stack installed; they can then register their device to the online service by selecting a local authentication mechanism such as swiping a finger, looking at the camera, speaking into the mic, entering a personal identification number (PIN), etc. The FIDO UAF protocol allows the service to select which mechanisms are presented to the user.
Once registered, the user simply repeats the local authentication action whenever they need to authenticate to the service. The user no longer needs to enter their password when authenticating from that device. FIDO UAF also allows experiences that combine multiple authentication mechanisms such as fingerprint + PIN or multimodal biometrics.
HYPR SDK for Android solves several use cases with a variety of methods, employing out-of-band authentication to enable mobile device-based access.
- FIDO Only - Process the FIDO payload using your own server(s)
- Web Authentication - Out-of-band (OOB) authentication, Push Notifications, and Magic Links
- Workforce Access - focused primarily on unlocking devices
- FIDO Client Adapter - HYPR processes the FIDO payload
- Android FIDO PIN Authenticator
- Android Headless PIN
- Android Native Authenticator - includes Fingerprint, Face, and Multimodal Biometric Authenticators
- Android Presence Authenticator
- Android Silent Authenticator
Customization and Configuration
- Policy Matching
- App Profiles
- Endpoint Overrides
- Implementing the Huawei QR Scanner
- Additional Functions
ResetAppwill deregister all the authenticators, delete the users, and create a new user
- Enabling Screenshots (they are disabled by default as a security precaution)
- Custom HTTP Headers
- SSL Pinning
- Obtaining the Android
- Gathering App and Device Information
Debugging and Troubleshooting
Visit the Error Handling / Debugging page.
Updated 4 months ago