The way you access the Device Manager depends on the part of the HYPR environment you’re using.
- Use case 1: Control Center users interact with the Device Manager when they register a device for the first time, and they also have access to a self-service instance of the Device Manager they can return to at any time to add or remove devices.
- Use case 2: If your organization has any SSO integrations set up, users of these will interact with the Device Manager when they register a device for the first time, or when an administrator sends them a magic link. A self-service Device Manager may also be available depending on the type of integration.
- Use case 3: Workstation users register new devices and remove unwanted ones through the HYPR Mobile App and the Workforce Access Client; they don’t use the Device Manager.
HYPR Control Center users, typically administrators, can access a self-service instance of the Device Manager and use it to change the devices with which they log in to the Control Center.
- Start the Control Center.
- Click Device Manager on the pop-up menu under the email address.
Integration users interact with the Device Manager when they register a device during the initial enrollment process for the integration, or when an administrator sends them a magic link. Please see the documentation for each integration for more information on enrollment and device registration.
For Okta integrations, a self-service Device Manager is also available from the user’s Okta home page. This instance lets them change the devices they use for passwordless login with their Okta applications.
To register or “pair” a new device, click the icon for the type of device you want and follow the instructions on the screen.
Note that the options for pairing security keys and computers may not appear; if you expect to see these, make sure FIDO2 settings have been configured correctly. This task is performed by an administrator through the HYPR Control Center.
Pairing a device in this instance of the Device Manager does not add it elsewhere in the HYPR environment. For example, the Device Manager in the image shown above handles devices for the Control Center only. Pairing a device here would not also pair it for use with an Okta integration, for instance.
Any devices you pair here are only for logins that use the email address shown in the upper right of the screen.
After you successfully register a device, the Device Manager interface is updated to show the new pairing. (You may have to refresh the page.)
Be careful about removing (unpairing) a device unless you have another way to access the part of the HYPR environment where you currently use it to log in. For HYPR Control Center users, bear in mind that if you remove the only device you have paired, you will not be able to access the Control Center until another administrator sends you a login recovery email or a magic link.
Unpairing a device in one instance of the Device Manager doesn’t remove it from other instances. For example, if you use the same device for logging in to both the Control Center and your Okta applications, removing it from the Device Manager associated with the Control Center won’t remove it from the Device Manager associated with Okta.
- To remove a device, click Unpair.
- Click Confirm in the next screen.
Any custom logo you set for the Mobile App via the UI Management page in the Control Center will also be applied to the Device Manager. See Customizing the Mobile App for more information.
Updated 24 days ago