The QR Login feature allows HYPR Mobile App users to access a web-based resource such as a corporate SSO portal or the HYPR Device Manager by scanning a QR code on the login screen instead of receiving a push notification on their mobile device.
To use the QR Login feature with the HYPR Mobile App:
- Go to the login page for a web-based resource that employs HYPR authentication.
- Enter your username and click Sign In.
- Select Smartphone as the login device.
- The QR code is initially hidden to give you time to locate your mobile device and start the HYPR Mobile App.
When you’re ready, Click to Reveal QR will display the code.
- In the HYPR Mobile App on your mobile device, go to the My Web Accounts page and tap the scan icon at top right.
- Scan the QR code with the mobile device.
- Confirm the authentication on the mobile device and complete the biometric validation to finish logging in to your web resource.
As an alternative to using the HYPR Mobile App, you can also scan the code with the device’s camera.
- Open the camera app on the mobile device and point it at the QR code.
- Click on the link to automatically open the HYPR Mobile App, then confirm the authentication and complete the biometric validation to finish logging in to your web resource.
If you need to access a web resource in the browser on your mobile device, obviously it’s impossible to scan the QR code using the same device. In this case, the QR Login falls back to a standard Tap to Log In process. Please see Tap to Log In for more information.
Updated 3 months ago