|August 3, 2022||HYPR Android SDK 7.6.0||Android 8.0+|
|August 3, 2022||HYPR iOS SDK 7.6.0||iOS 12.4+|
|August 3, 2022||HYPR Server 7.6.0||Server||The HYPR RADIUS Server is not yet available for this release. If you're currently using RADIUS, please contact HYPR Support before upgrading to HYPR Server 7.6.0.|
All HYPR components are fully compatible across the three previous/subsequent minor (X.X) releases.
Role-Based Access for V2 Control Center Users
The V2 HYPR Control Center now supports user roles that limit access to various features in the UI based on predefined user types. Admins can apply the settings globally or for individual RP Applications. See the Control Center Users page for more information.
API Endpoints for RADIUS Configuration
As a step towards providing centralized configuration, management, and monitoring of RADIUS servers directly via the Control Center, several new endpoints have been added to the HYPR API that make it possible to set up an end-to-end RADIUS integration programmatically. Please contact HYPR Support for more information.
Improved FIDO2 Administration
The HYPR Control Center now displays FIDO2 device de-registration events on the Audit Trail page. In addition, all FIDO2 devices are now removed when a user is deleted via the Control Center.
The information logged for registration and authentication events now includes additional details about the device model and OS version. Enhanced error logging for FIDO2 registration and authorization events has also been added.
Configure In-App Log Submission
Admins can now use the Control Center UI to set whether or not users are permitted to directly submit troubleshooting logs from within the HYPR Workforce Access Client and the HYPR Mobile App. See the Workforce Access 7.6.0 UI/UX Updates page for more information.
Include Log Submission Events in the Audit Trail
The Audit Trail now indicates when HYPR users submit troubleshooting logs from within the HYPR Workforce Access Client or the HYPR Mobile App. The event information includes the user's name and the type of client (Windows, macOS, Android, iOS).
- (Control Center) Add deleted user events to the Audit Trail
- (Control Center) Clean up all created artifacts if an Azure AD integration fails in the V2 Control Center
- (Control Center) Fix the Audit Trail event message for log submissions to correctly indicate the client source (Mobile or Workstation) and the user's name
- (Mobile App - Android) Return the correct error message for expired push notifications
- (Mobile App - iOS, Android) Show the "Amount" value in transaction notifications
- (Platform) Correctly center the Web Login dialog in the browser window for Internet Explorer
- (Platform) Don't apply the push configuration if an RP Application channel type is changed from Web to Workstation during initial setup
- (Platform) Prevent phantom errors being logged for authorization events when FIDO2 is disabled
- (SDK - Java) Correctly return a 401 HTTP response if the token isn't valid
- (SDK - Java) Ensure the SDK correctly displays error messages when authentications and transactions time out
- (SDK - iOS) Change commas to periods for the device model in the HTTP headers
- (SDK - iOS) Ensure custom headers are passed through to the relying party client during the async-reg flow
- (SDK - iOS) Remove the ixGuard report from the Reference App
- (Server) Add missing
deviceTypeinformation when logging mobile device registrations
- (Server) Ensure audit events are logged correctly if the HYPR Mobile App sends back an event name that isn't recognized because the HYPR Server is running an older version
(Server) The installer for the on-premises HYPR Server is now deprecated and will be removed in v7.8
Updated 3 months ago