Windows Workforce Access 6.3.0
Windows (7, 8, 10)
iOS HYPR Mobile App 6.3.0
Android & iOS
HYPR's August 2020 release introduces new features to the Workforce Access product, including magic links for user registration directly from within the mobile app, improved tools for support desk troubleshooting, and enhancements to the Control Center user experience.
In addition, this release includes several focused improvements for Mac users and users of FIDO2 on the web.
Magic Links for Registration Directly in Mobile App (Beta)
Control Center admins can now generate magic links which allow end users to perform mobile registration directly from their mobile devices without a web interface. An audit trail logs each time an admin generates a magic link and records details of the generated request such as username and other system management information. The initial release of this feature focuses on a use case that employs Slack to communicate magic links to the end users. For more information, please see the new Registration with Magic Links page.
Logging & Troubleshooting
To improve the HYPR end user experience and aid support desk troubleshooting, HYPR has normalized the logs which are ingested and used across the SIEM infrastructure, added a Trace ID to group together separate user transactions such as registration and authentication, and provided a mechanism to retrieve historical error messages from the HYPR Mobile App. For more information, please see the new Retrieving & Debugging Mobile Device Errors page.
Control Center UI Enhancements
The Control Center branding has been changed to make the fonts and styling consistent across all screens and navigation. Additional UI improvements include removing redundant navigation options and changing deprecated or modified information (removed tertiary color choice for app, updated workstation login toggle to classify for domain joined users). The Control Center also now shows the current version number. For more information, see the Control Center 6.3 page.
- Mac and Windows users who removed a paired device will see an update in their Workforce Access client even when the unpairing event happens out of sync with active use of the workstation
- Mac and Windows users who experience web socket disconnects will now immediately have the server status updated to unreachable
- Windows DLLs that were not previously signed with EV Cert are now signed
- Windows users experiencing error code (1520002) can now try again or cancel
- Updated libraries and dependencies to improve overall security posture
- Integrated API Tokens into Audit Trail
- Improved application principle of least privilege on database
- Improved installer configuration for on-premise to run comfortably on an 8GB node
- Added Trace ID to the Audit Trail. For more information, please see the Audit Trail page.
- Resolved Mac behavior where an authentication plugin crash would occur upon exit
- Resolved a Mac bug with the ‘OK’ button on the lock screen
- Improved formatting for Audit Trail export to CSV
- Resolved error on initializing UAF Auth tokens
- Improved FIDO2 Web experience by resolving several bugs, including an issue in IE/MS Edge for registrations, centering of icons, timer initialization of QR code, handling of cancelation events, and copywriting updates
Error Retrieval and Trace ID Reporting
HYPR Mobile App users can now view additional detail in their authentication history and retrieve previously-dismissed error codes, along with new Trace ID information which they can provide to a support desk for faster troubleshooting. For more information, please see the new Retrieving & Debugging Mobile Device Errors page.
Bug Fixes & Improvements
- Resolved crash when unpairing web account on Android
- Updated Android QR Scan library
The event table did not get updated with the traceId table.
ERROR 2020-08-12 00:42:38,894 main [,] SpringApplication.reportFailure(837) : Application run failed org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'eventEntityManager' defined in class path resource [com/hypr/server/commons/cloud/event/EventDBConfiguration.class]: Bean instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [org.springframework.orm.jpa.LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean]: Factory method 'eventEntityManagerFactory' threw exception; nested exception is javax.persistence.PersistenceException: [PersistenceUnit: EventService] Unable to build Hibernate SessionFactory;
Add the missing column manually.
alter table fido.events add traceId varchar(255) null; alter table fido.events_bkp add traceId varchar(255) null;
Updated 7 months ago