Redis upgraded to 5.0.12
Redis 5.0.12 binary is packaged with the Server Installer. The 4.0.13 binary is no longer packaged. Redis 5 has been chosen over Redis 6 since a larger number of customers are running Redis 5 in their internal hosted envs.
The install folder should look like this, with new Redis 5.0.12 packages
Start HYPR dependencies as you normally would. The new Redis pkg will be extracted and started, instead of the older 4.0.13. The 4.0.13 pkg is left in place. This will be removed in a later release.
The new Redis version can be confirmed via the
Before You Start
Please make a full backup of the database before upgrading. If you run into issues, you can restore from the backup.
- Go to Vault UI > Navigate to (The cluster name might be different for your install)
- Search for all occurrences of
- Replace with
hypr-master-$CLUSTER_NAME. This the same CLUSTER_NAME which is already defined in env.sh/ envOverrides.sh. Note that CLUSTER_NAME is defined for single node installs too
- Post modification should look like
- Do this all all occurrences of hypr-master
- Save vault conf
Back up the current
<install dir> by making a copy to
Shut down dependencies and services:
Switch to the
<install dir> and remove the existing WAR files:
rm -f CC/CC-*.jar
Un-tar the new
<install pkg> (ServerInstaller-*.tar.gz) in the current
# Un-tar install pkg, overlay on existing # Do not overwrite the nginx certs (hyprServer.crt, hyprServer.key) # HYPR_GROUP:HYPR_USER. The should match the values defined in env.sh tar -xvf <install pkg> -C /opt/hypr/<install dir> --group=<HYPR_GROUP> --owner=<HYPR_USER> --exclude="hyprServer*"
- replace the scripts in the
<install dir>with the new versions
- replace the WAR/JAR files for relevant components
- leave the existing config in (mysql/mysql-8.0.18-linux-x86_64-minimal redis/redis-4.0.13 vault/vault-0.10.3) untouched
envOverrides.sh file from the copy made in Step 1.
Start dependencies as normal and start services with the
./startHyprServices --[cluster|single] --rp --enc
You should see the following in the output:
✅ Java version 11 available Generating /opt/hypr/CC/controlCenterConfigV68Plus.properties ... ✅ Finished writing to vault ... **** Starting CC service. ... ✅ Port 8009 is listening
Reinstall the systemd services. Since UAF is gone, the systemd start order has to be modified:
cd <install folder>; # Remove systemdRemove.sh # Re-install systemdInstall.sh
Repeat Steps 1-4 from above.
- Reapply your License via the Control Center UI
- Reapply Proxy and SSL Pinning settings via the Control Center UI, if you are using these
Updated 4 months ago