6.15.0 Release Notes
|September 07, 2021||HYPR Workforce Access Client for Windows 6.15.0||Windows (7, 8, 10)|
|September 07, 2021||HYPR Workforce Access Client for Mac 6.15.0||macOS (High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur)||Reboot required|
|September 07, 2021||HYPR Mobile App for Android 6.15.0||Android 8.0+|
|September 07, 2021||HYPR Mobile App for iOS 6.15.0||iOS 12.4+|
|September 07, 2021||HYPR Server 6.15.0||Server|
|September 07, 2021||HYPR Android SDK 6.15.0||Android 8.0+|
|September 07, 2021||HYPR iOS SDK 6.15.0||iOS 12.4+|
All HYPR components are fully compatible across the three previous/subsequent minor (X.X) releases
Web Authentication Using QR Codes
The QR Login feature introduced as Beta functionality in version 6.12.0 is now available to all HYPR customers. This feature allows users to log in to web-based resources by scanning a QR code with the HYPR Mobile App, providing a quick and secure authentication alternative in situations where push notifications to the mobile device aren't available. See QR Login for more information.
HYPR for Linux
HYPR's True Passwordless Authentication is now available as a Linux Pluggable Authentication Module (PAM). Once the HYPR PAM is installed and configured, users can pair a mobile device with HYPR and passwordlessly ssh into (or scp to/from) a Linux server.
Scan QR Code to Authenticate RDP Login
A new Scan QR to Login option allows HYPR Workforce Access Client users who are accessing Windows servers via Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP), to authenticate by scanning a QR code with the HYPR Mobile App. See the Workforce Access 6.15.0 UI/UX Updates page for more information.
To allow faster pairing for mobile devices, the HYPR platform can now optionally use asynchronous communication for the registration process if you're running v6.15 or higher for all HYPR components. Please contact Support if you'd like to turn on this capability.
Recovery PIN on Unlock Screen for macOS
To help Administrators provide a Recovery PIN to users who are unable to use their mobile device to access the computer, the HYPR Workforce Access Client on macOS now displays the username and machine name on the unlock screen. See Recovery PINs for more information.
Hide Version Number on Main Screen
The HYPR Workforce Access Client for both Windows and macOS no longer shows the version number on the main screen. Instead, users can click an About link to view version info in a pop-up window. See the Workforce Access 6.15.0 UI/UX Updates page for more information.
Customizable Workforce Access Client Name
You can now set a custom name for the Workforce Access Client application on Windows. See the Branding Customization page for more information.
- (Control Center) Make Audit Trail text searches case-insensitive
- (Mobile App - Android) Update rooted device detection
- (Mobile App - iOS) Ensure Offline PIN button is only displayed if PINs are available
- (Mobile App - iOS) Strengthen protection class for Keychain items
- (Workforce Access Client - Windows) Ensure all HYPR background services are correctly started when a no-reboot upgrade occurs
- (Workforce Access Client - Windows) Ensure the QR Code URL defined in the Registry settings is correctly used on the unlock screen
- (Workforce Access Client - macOS) Add Certificate Authority Name to the configuration parameters
- (Workforce Access Client - macOS) Fix intermittent failure to unlock on domain-joined workstations
- (Workforce Access Client - macOS) Fix issue that prevented mobile unlock after using an offline PIN
- (Workforce Access Client - macOS) Fix issue with password text box rejecting focus after an incorrect password/PIN is entered
API Endpoint Security Activated During Upgrade
When the HYPR Control Center is upgraded from a version earlier than 6.14.0, the API Endpoint Security feature is incorrectly turned on by default. This will prevent user authentication if you haven’t already altered your Workforce Access Client deployment parameters as described here. If you’re not using this feature, HYPR suggests you skip to version 6.15.1 where the issue has been corrected. Please contact HYPR Support if you need more information.
Updated 7 months ago