6.14.0 Release Notes
|August 06, 2021||HYPR Workforce Access Client for Windows 6.14.0||Windows (7, 8, 10)||Reboot required|
|August 06, 2021||HYPR Workforce Access Client for Mac 6.14.0||macOS (High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur)||Reboot required|
|August 06, 2021||HYPR Mobile App for Android 6.14.0||Android 8.0+|
|August 06, 2021||HYPR Mobile App for iOS 6.14.0||iOS 12.4+|
|August 06, 2021||HYPR Server 6.14.0||Server|
|August 06, 2021||HYPR Android SDK 6.14.0||Android 8.0+|
|August 06, 2021||HYPR iOS SDK 6.14.0||iOS 12.4+|
All HYPR components are fully compatible across the three previous/subsequent minor (X.X) releases
The 6.14.0 release requires users of the HYPR Workforce Access Client on both Windows and macOS to reboot the workstation.
Recovery PINs for macOS
Recovery PINs are now available for users who are running the HYPR Workforce Access Client on macOS. The Recovery PIN functionality allows admins to issue temporary access codes for users who are unable to use their mobile device to access the computer. See Recovery PINs for more information.
Show Access Token Expiration Days
The Access Tokens page in the HYPR Control Center now shows the number of days left until expiration when a token has less than 15 days remaining.
Get Registered Users Count
New HYPR API endpoints are now available to return the count of registered users, either in total or for a specific RP application. The numbers are adjusted for users who've paired multiple devices. Please see RP User Statistics in the API Reference for more information.
Improved Password Reset Behavior
HYPR Workforce Access Client users who encounter an expired Windows password error when attempting to log in are now given the opportunity to reset the password before continuing.
- (Control Center) Remove the requirement to click the Save button on the FIDO2 Settings page after disabling FIDO2 and confirming via the pop-up dialog
- (Device Manager) Prevent pairing failure when the device name contains an emoji
- (Mobile App - Android) Add the FIDO username to the log file for each registered profile
- (Mobile App - Android) Update rooted device detection
- (Mobile App - iOS) Ensure unpairing works correctly in cases where one mobile device is registered with multiple web accounts under the same RP application
- (Platform) Fix issue where a case mismatch in the username lookup could cause web authentication push notifications to fail
- (Platform) Make internal security improvements for QR Code web authentication
- (SDK - Android) Add Strict Mode compatibility
- (Workforce Access Client - Windows) Fix issues with the 32-bit version
- (Workforce Access Client - Windows) Prevent the workstation state changing to locked in HYPR when the user is presented with a Windows UAC elevation prompt
- (Workforce Access Client - macOS) Correctly handle SHA256 certificates when authenticating with Active Directory
- (Workforce Access Client - macOS) Prevent pairing issues when the custom AD certificate template was created incorrectly
- (Workforce Access Client - macOS) Prevent the HYPR password dialog from appearing when users attempt to view their passwords in Chrome
API Endpoint Security Activated During Upgrade
When the HYPR Control Center is upgraded from a version earlier than 6.14.0, the API Endpoint Security feature is incorrectly turned on by default. This will prevent user authentication if you haven’t already altered your Workforce Access Client deployment parameters as described here. If you’re not using this feature, HYPR suggests you skip to version 6.14.2 where the issue has been corrected. Please contact HYPR Support if you need more information.
Updated 6 months ago