6.12.0 Release Notes
|June 03, 2021||HYPR Workforce Access Client for Windows 6.12.0||Windows (7, 8, 10)|
|June 03, 2021||HYPR Workforce Access Client for Mac 6.12.0||macOS (High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur)|
|June 03, 2021||HYPR Mobile App for Android 6.12.0||Android 8.0+|
|June 03, 2021||HYPR Mobile App for iOS 6.12.0||iOS 12.4+|
|June 03, 2021||HYPR Server 6.12.0||Server|
|June 03, 2021||HYPR Android SDK 6.12.0||Android 8.0+|
|June 03, 2021||HYPR iOS SDK 6.12.0||iOS 12.4+|
All HYPR components are fully compatible across the three previous/subsequent minor (X.X) releases
Web Authentication Using QR Codes (BETA)
The HYPR platform now allows users to log into web-based resources by scanning a QR code with the HYPR Mobile App. This provides a quick and secure authentication alternative in situations where push notifications to the mobile device aren't available. Please contact your HYPR Customer Success manager if you’d like to access this Beta functionality.
API Endpoint Security Enhancements
To further improve the overall security of the HYPR platform, the various HYPR components (Workforce Access Client, Mobile App, and Control Center) now pass an encrypted token to the HYPR Server when making internal API calls. Note that this new feature requires a change to your deployment parameters for the Workforce Access Client on both Windows and macOS. Please see the Endpoint Protection page for more information.
Workforce Access Client Branding Customization
You can now use a custom logo and/or background image in the HYPR Workforce Access Client for Windows. See the Branding Customization page for more information.
Control Center Session Logout Changes
The HYPR Control Center now alerts the user before it automatically ends the session due to inactivity. The default session timer is ten minutes, with the warning message displayed two minutes before the end. At this point, the user has the option to stay logged in or to manually log out. If the session expires, the user is returned to the login screen and must reauthenticate.
Configurable Push Notifications
You can now more easily disable push notifications via the HYPR Control Center and allow users to access web-based resources by tapping the login button in their HYPR Mobile App without first receiving a push. For more information, see the Tap to Login page. The Control Center UI has also been improved to make editing the existing push provider configuration more convenient.
Android Mobile App Security Improvements
The HYPR Mobile App for Android now has stronger detection for rooted or hooked devices.
Workstation Reboot Only Required For Major Updates
Routine upgrades to the HYPR Workforce Access Client for Windows will no longer require users to reboot their workstation. HYPR will notify customers ahead of time when a major update to the application necessitates a workstation reboot.
- (Control Center) Fix incorrect fonts on home page widgets
- (Mobile App - Android) Fix issue with 6-digit PIN authenticator becoming unavailable
- (Mobile App - iOS) Fix audit trail message failures
- (Mobile App - iOS) Improve security for Offline Mode re-authentication
- (Platform) Add new Audit Trail events for HTTPS fallback when WebSockets are unavailable
- (SDK - Android) Add expiration information to the Audit Trail event for certificate renewals
- (SDK - Android) Keep existing authenticators from being erased if they're registered again
- (SDK - Android) Update rooted device detection
- (SDK - iOS) Add expiration information to the Audit Trail event for certificate renewals
- (Server) Make improvements to the installer
- (Workforce Access Client - Windows) Add missing error codes in the audit log
- (Workforce Access Client - Windows) Ensure mobile devices are removed from the Workforce Access Client when the user is deleted in the Control Center
- (Workforce Access Client - Windows) Ensure no files or subdirectories are left behind after uninstalling the Workforce Access Client
- (Workforce Access Client - Windows) Fix error preventing fallback to HTTPS when the workstation fails to connect through WebSockets
- (Workforce Access Client - Windows) Fix error with back-to-back RDP connections
- (Workforce Access Client - Windows) Fix random .NET crash
- (Workforce Access Client - Windows) Improve source code security
- (Workforce Access Client - Windows) Prevent a new SmartCard Device from being created every time a user connects through RDP
- (Workforce Access Client - macOS) Add protection for debug logs
- (Workforce Access Client - macOS) Ensure users can authenticate while the HYPR service stopped
- (Workforce Access Client - macOS) Improve error messaging when certificate request to the domain controller fails
Control Center Logout Issue
If you're using the Google Suite OIDC integration with the Control Center and have only one Google account, attempting to log out will cause you to be immediately logged back in. To successfully log out, please close the browser window and allow the session to time out (which happens after 10 minutes by default). This issue will be fixed in an upcoming release.
Updated 6 months ago